Protecting Your Rights. Defending Your Freedom.
Paul J. Andrews
- State and Federal Criminal Defense 80%
- Civil Litigation - Plaintiff 5%
- Civil Litigation - Defendant 10%
- General Civil Matters - Demand Letters, Evictions, etc. 5%
Bringing a diverse background to his practice, Attorney Paul J. Andrews provides criminal defense services for a wide variety of state and federal offenses including drug possession and distribution, sex-related offenses, assault & battery, DUI offenses, burglary and theft, criminal domestic violence, motor vehicle offenses and traffic violations, probation violations, and juvenile delinquency cases. Mr. Andrews also has extensive experience in white collar criminal defense and has represented individuals and businesses in federal and state courts across the country.
Mr. Andrews has particular experience representing out-of-state drivers who are stopped in South Dakota for minor driving infractions only to have their vehicles searched and marijuana and/or other illegal narcotics discovered. Many times these searches lack sufficient probable cause and the case can be dismissed. Other times, Mr. Andrews can utilize his extensive experience to negotiate reduced charges and help his clients avoid jail time. If you find yourself in such a situation, contact the Andrews Law Office immediately.
A seasoned civil litigation attorney, Mr. Andrews also has represented individuals and business, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in a wide variety of civil litigation matters in federal and state courts throughout the country, including: defamation; civil fraud cases; shareholder lawsuits; civil RICO matters; contract disputes; conversion claims; and negligence.
Reflecting his nation-wide experience, Mr. Andrews also is Of Counsel to the Massachusetts law firms of Neelon & Associates, LLC in Braintree, Massachusetts, and Dhar Law, LLP in Charlestown, Massachusetts.
Prior to entering into private practice, Mr. Andrews served for over twelve years with the U.S. Department of Justice’s Criminal Division, where he prosecuted a number of white collar crimes throughout the United States, resulting in convictions of numerous officers and directors of publicly-traded corporations and banks, as well as other various white-collar criminals.
Mr. Andrews uses his extensive background and experience to predict how the prosecution may act and appropriately structure the best possible defense for his clients.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts and graduating summa cum laude from Boston College, Mr. Andrews received a Juris Doctor from Boston College Law School.
Today, Mr. Andrews is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, the U.S. District Court for the Districts of South Dakota, Massachusetts and Colorado, as well as all state courts in South Dakota and Massachusetts.
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1991
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1988
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Massachusetts, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2000
- South Dakota, 2016
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Drug Possession Charges Dismissed
- Young Adult Diversion Program Placement
- Assault and Battery and Robbery Charges - Dismissed
- Sexual Assault of Minor Charges - Dismissed
- Detention Order Reversed
- Aggravated Assault Indictment Dismissed
- Motion to Dismiss Reversed on Appeal
- $350,000 Jury Settlement
- Super Lawyers
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- The Office of Inspector General for the FDIC
Classes & Seminars
- Reed Logic Video Leadership Seminars: Updated Strategies for White Collar Legal Defense, 2007 to 2008
- Access to Justice, 2019 to Present
- U.S. Department of Justice's Criminal Division, Trial Attorney, 1992 to 2004
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa